Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Don't read/watch Little Women unless you want a good cry!

Seriously.

I used to read Little Women as a teenager and I always cried when Jo refused Laurie. Then I got Good Wives and I cried even harder when Beth died. It's such a sad book I don't know why it was written for children/teenagers. I watched the film tonight for the first time and again I cried my eyes out.

The only consolation is that I don't hate Mr Bahr anymore. I've grown to see that even though he was old and eccentric he was right for Jo in every way. Maybe it was how he was cast in the film though, I'm not sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read Little Women too, I find it just touches the right emotions concerning affairs of the heart in such a tender and moving fashion. It had me in tears throughout, I was left feeling fragile and open.

Anonymous said...

you should read Perfume the story of a murderer..that'll make you cry for entirely different reasons!

☆Laura☆ said...

Thanks Lisa, I think I'll skip that one!!!