Thursday, May 04, 2006

I Won A Photography Competition Once



I think this picture is genius (if I do say so myself)!! You won't really understand the true genius until i explain what it is. It is a picture of the sea taken through a drainage hole in the wall around the carpark opposite Ballygalley (is that how you spell it?) castle. You can imagine the way i had to sit to get that picture (the hole is at the bottom of the wall) but i just felt like doing it. The only thing I don't like is that there isn't enough sea (because I just couldn't lie down in the middle of a carpark) and the background isn't in focus. This is a question for any photography experts... I know that to focus on the object that's not the automatic focus of a picture, you point the camera at it, focus, and then move before taking the picture. But in the case above, would I have had to put the camera on the other side of the wall, focussed, and then brought it back to take the photo??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you select the landscape mode (i.e. the wee mountain it should be better set up for focusing on the distance.

☆Laura☆ said...

thanks for the advice, i'll try that the next time!!

☆Laura☆ said...

altho when I'll ever be taking a picture through a drainage hole again, i really don't know!