Acquiescence: the act of accepting or consenting to something
without protest [quoted without permission from the Concise
Oxford English Dictionary.]
Just to make clear that I did not trawl the dictionary looking for this word, I was merely reading a book which used it a lot and before I put it up on my blog I thought I should research the real meaning. I did use this word earlier when talking to Tracy, i am assuming as an english student she'll know what it means, i will find out sometime if she really did!!
Which brings me on to my next subject : Jane Austen. I have just finished reading 'Emma' which is a very good novel (this is where I read the above word). I have become a very great fan of Jane Austen, after watching and reading Pride and Prejudice, and even though I did not enjoy Sense and Sensibility so very much, I really did like Emma. I am very proud to admit that after the second page, i was much convinced that she would marry mr knightly,
I got to thinking, though, that in many books there are two kinds of men who become an interest to the heroine of the story - the mr darcy and the mr wickham; the mr knightly and the mr churchill. One is dashing and charming (wickham and churchill), the other constant and full of goodwill (darcy and knightly). I really think that every girl has sometimes two different people she likes - one will be the stunning, charming, flirty guy; the other will be a really good person and someone who will be there for her (that is if he likes her too lol!). And the confusing thing ist that she prob likes them at the same time and just as much as each other! It's interesting that in both the Jane Austen novels i've been talking about, she doesn't go for the handsome charming guy. Anyway it's just a thot, and it's probably just as well that i don't philosophise about the world more often as the above maybe didn't make sense to a lot of people.
It's twelve midnight and i'm going to bed. sorry for the spelling mistakes people. I'm all acquiescence to any NICE comments you might want to make. nite nite xx
2 comments:
you are a genius
NOT
only jokin......
not ;)
john is offended you didn't comment on his website, i'm guessing that's because you don't know about it. http://thelastteahouse.blogspot.com
Post a Comment